How to speed up healing
Patients often ask me what they can do to speed their recovery and enhance the healing process. Here are some ideas:
- Proper rest. A good night’s sleep gives your body time to heal. Use a supportive mattress and a pillow that promotes proper neck curve. Sleep on your back or side.
- Better diet. Make sure your body has the best raw materials to heal muscles and soft tissues. While good nutrition is always important, it is doubly so now. This may mean adding specific supplements to your routine.
- Keep appointments. Recommendations for your care come from experience of helping others with similar problems. I want you to have just the right number of visits for maximum results.
- Moderate exercise. A regular program of walking or swimming can improve overall muscle tone. If you are unsure what exercises to do, please ask.
- Correct lifting. Lift with your knees and keep your back straight. Correct sitting and good posture are also important.
- Tell others. Interestingly, patients who tell others about their chiropractic experience seem to get well faster. Telling others can reinforce your commitment and remind you of the simple truths of the chiropractic approach to health.
Healing takes time. But it will happen faster if we both do our parts.