Yes, it’s that time again, the snow will soon be piling up. So here are a few reminders:
- Warm up, stretching arms, back and legs, before you start.
- Start slowly and take breaks.
- Use good technique. Lift with your legs, not your back, by bending the knees, not the waist.
- Push the snow instead of lifting it. Don’t twist, and step in the direction you’re moving the snow.
- Use a small shovel. If the snow is deep, scoop just a few inches at a time.
For more information on how to prevent snow shoveling injuries call (616)531-3566 or reply to this article.